Brain Controlled Car using Deep Neural Network
Brain Computer Interface (BCI) is
the modern technology which uses the brain
neural activity to control the machines,
robots, etc. This paper focuses on processing
of the signals received from the
Electroencephalography (EEG) headset into
directions using Artificial Neural Network.
The main aim is to control a car using
Neurosky Mindwave Mobile headset. The
goal is to help people suffering from
disabilities and motion syndrome. The EEG
headset is placed on the head of the user and
signals like Alpha1, Alpha2, attention level,
meditation level, blink and raw signals are
recorded. The pre-processed signal and feedforward
Artificial Neural Network are used
for classification. ANN is developed in 3
layers: input, hidden and output. The six
signals received from Neurosky Mindwave
headset is given as input to ANN. This will
identify the direction of the car to move
forward, backward, left, right or stop.
R.Ghazali , M.H.Jali ,”Movement Intention
Detection Using Neural Network for
Quadriplegic Assistive Machine” ,2015 IEEE
International Conference on Control System,
Computing and Engineering, 27 - 29 November
 K. Amarasinghe, D.Wijayasekara, M.Manic , “ EEG
Based Brain Activity Monitoring using Artificial Neural
Networks” ,2014 7th International Conference on Human
System Interactions (HSI)
 J. Katona, I. Farkas, T. Ujbanyi, P. Dukan, A.
Kovari, “Evaluation Of The Neurosky MindFlex
 EEGHeadset Brain Waves Data” , SAMI 2014
IEEE 12th International Symposium on Applied
Machine Intelligence and Informatics
 Vinay Kumar Karigar Shivappa, Brian Luu, Marco
Solis, and Kiran George ,”Home Automation System
using Brain Computer Interface Paradigm based on
Auditory Selection Attention” , 2018 IEEE International
Instrumentation and Measurement Technology
 Athanasios Vourvopoulos, Fotis Liarokapis , “Brain-
Controlled NXT Robot: Tele-operating aRobot
through Brain Electrical Activity”, Conference: Games
and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VSGAMES)
To ensure uniformity of treatment among all contributors, other forms may not be substituted for this form, nor may any wording of the form be changed. This form is intended for original material submitted to AJCT and must accompany any such material in order to be published by AJCT. Please read the form carefully.
The undersigned hereby assigns to the Asian Journal of Convergence in Technology Issues ("AJCT") all rights under copyright that may exist in and to the above Work, any revised or expanded derivative works submitted to AJCT by the undersigned based on the Work, and any associated written, audio and/or visual presentations or other enhancements accompanying the Work. The undersigned hereby warrants that the Work is original and that he/she is the author of the Work; to the extent the Work incorporates text passages, figures, data or other material from the works of others, the undersigned has obtained any necessary permission. See Retained Rights, below.
AJCT distributes its technical publications throughout the world and wants to ensure that the material submitted to its publications is properly available to the readership of those publications. Authors must ensure that The Work is their own and is original. It is the responsibility of the authors, not AJCT, to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it.
RETAINED RIGHTS/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Authors/employers retain all proprietary rights in any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the Work.
2. Authors/employers may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce The Work and for the author's personal use or for company or organizational use, provided that the source and any AJCT copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies AJCT endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
3. Authors/employers may make limited distribution of all or portions of the Work prior to publication if they inform AJCT in advance of the nature and extent of such limited distribution.
4. For all uses not covered by items 2 and 3, authors/employers must request permission from AJCT.
5. Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the Work in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use.
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
AJCT Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of AJCT to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of AJCT, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others.
If you are employed and prepared the Work on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the Work belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, AJCT assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
AJCT requires that the consent of the first-named author and employer be sought as a condition to granting reprint or republication rights to others or for permitting use of a Work for promotion or marketing purposes.
1. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment.
2. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AJCT from any damage or expense that may arise in the event of a breach of any of the warranties set forth above.
3. In the event the above work is accepted and published by AJCT and consequently withdrawn by the author(s), the foregoing copyright transfer shall become null and void and all materials embodying the Work submitted to AJCT will be destroyed.
4. For jointly authored Works, all joint authors should sign, or one of the authors should sign as authorized agent
for the others.
Licenced by :